Keto is more than a fad diet – it is a lifestyle that is gaining in popularity due to the long list of health benefits. If you are on a low-carb, high-fat diet, then it’s important to choose meals and snacks that keep you on track with your dietary goals.
Keto Snacks: At Home and On the Road
Good snacks are essential so you don’t slip up between meals. Not only do you need to stock the fridge with delicious snacks, but also be ready with snacks that can accommodate your busy lifestyle. The best keto snacks to buy have a long shelf life and don’t require refrigeration. Here are a few snack ideas you can make at home, or throw in your bag when you leave the house:
- Mixed Nuts: A good trail mix is a popular choice on keto. Nuts and seeds offer an excellent source of protein combined with fiber that keeps you full longer. Keep a container of trail mix in the pantry at home, or portion it into individual servings to give you a fast snack when you are away from home.
- Avocado: Half an avocado is filling and tasty. Try drizzling it with a touch of lemon juice and olive oil, then top with a bit of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Protein Smoothie: Blend a keto-friendly protein powder with almond milk and a handful of greens for a nutrition-packed treat.
- Jerky: Not only is jerky delicious, but it’s another easy solution that you can bring along with you. But beware: many jerky brands are high in carbs because of the added sugar. Look for a low-carb, low-sugar brand to fit your keto lifestyle.
- A Keto Snadwish: We know what you’re thinking, “bread? On a keto diet? Yeah right!” But its true! The internet is full of keto bread recipes which makes having a keto sandwich easy! With your salad and proteins at the ready, why not try this recipe.
Best Keto Snacks on the Go
As you are looking at keto diet ideas, find your favorite keto snacks so you can stay fueled throughout the day. At Nature’s Garden, our popular Keto Snack Mix is a convenient way to enjoy keto-friendly snacks – and includes tasty cheese crisps and healthy nuts. We’re also excited to launch a new Probiotic Keto variety Pack if you’re looking for a low-carb sweet treat with a combination of roasted coconut chips, mixed nuts, and dark chocolate.