Are you looking for simple solutions to boost your overall health? If you want to lose weight and reduce the risk of serious disease, then it is important to consider your dietary choices. Not only do certain foods need to be avoided such as junk food, fast food, and sugar – but you also need to be proactive about adding certain ingredients into your menu. Before going through the rest of this article we would also like to recommend you a quick read on the future of snacking.
Health Benefits of Nuts and Seeds
You can enjoy many benefits of nuts and seeds such as the lower risk of heart disease, decreased inflammation, and antioxidants that protect against free radical damage. These heart-healthy foods support overall health by:
- Lowering bad cholesterol levels
- Boosting good cholesterol levels
- Fiber to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes
- L-arginine that help by reducing the risk of blood clots
Best Nuts to Eat for Better Health
As with other types of food, the ideal solution is to vary the nuts and seeds you are consuming. The simplest solution is by choosing mixed nuts, and these are some of the healthiest options:
- Almonds: A common choice for people focused on weight loss since they are loaded with fiber and protein that help with appetite suppression. Plus, almonds are relatively low in calories.
- Brazil Nuts: One thing that makes brazil nuts unique is that they are high in selenium, which is a mineral that might help to prevent prostate cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are one of the highest sources of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats including an important type of omega-3 fatty acid known as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
- Cashews: Not only do cashews taste great, but they are also high in fiber and low in sugar. Cashews contain nutrients that can help with immune function, brain health, and energy production.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Researchers have found that pumpkin seeds contain powerful antioxidants that might help to improve bladder and prostate health.
Remember that every person is unique, which is why it’s important to consider your dietary preferences and individual needs when choosing the best type of nuts. For example, some people on a Paleo diet plan prefer to avoid peanuts since they are technically legumes.
One of the simplest ways to enjoy the benefits of eating nuts every day is by choosing trail mix packs that can be kept in your office desk or day bag. Our team at Nature’s Garden provides a variety of nut mixes to support your health goals.