Eating the foods that make you feel best doesn’t mean they have to taste like cardboard. When you find the right recipes, you can create food that tastes delicious while nourishing your body in the best way possible. Combining cashews with chicken for an easy, weeknight keto-friendly dinner will be a hit with all of your family members.
One of our favorite keto recipes, Chicken with Spiced Cashews, will bring out the nut's flavors while complementing the savory chicken dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of roasted or spiced cashews
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Green onions for garnish
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat skillet and roast cashews on medium heat, adding a dime-size of oil and your favorite spices for added flavor. The cashews will be lightly browned when done. Set aside.
- Add the avocado oil to the skillet and cook the chicken, adding salt and pepper as it cooks through.
- Add the green pepper and onion and the sauce mixture, cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the cashews and rice vinegar, cooking until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.
Make any necessary changes to the dish to your liking. You can add carrots or broccoli as the vegetables if you prefer. Or you can make it spicier by increasing the chili sauce. Any recipe can be tweaked to make it more appealing to your family.
At Nature’s Garden, our products are organic with a variety of nuts offered with or without salt. Your health goals are easy to accommodate when using Nature’s Garden products. Our snack mixes, including trail mix, are lower in sugar and salt. The dried fruit and nuts are snacks high in the antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that your body needs. Conveniently grab a healthy snack on the go when you pack your pantry with Nature’s Garden.