Whether you are gluten-free or looking for healthier alternatives to flour, you can find many benefits in almond flour. Start simply by adding almond flour to one meal, and then gradually continue to sift it into your daily life.
The Benefits of Almonds
The almond benefits can go on and on. There are so many reasons to add almonds to your daily food intake:
- High in Vitamin E
- Great Source of Magnesium
- Low Carb
- High in Healthy Fats
- Low Glycemic Index
- Great for Blood Sugar Regulation
These are just a few of the benefits that come from adding almond flour to your diet instead of wheat flour.
Adding Almond Flour to Meals
Even if you understand the benefits of almonds, you may not be sure how to add more almonds to your meals. It is easier than you may think. Think about all of the meals that you can incorporate almond flour, like a substitute for bread crumbs, in hummus, lentil soup, or delicious baked goods.
You can even combine almond flour with regular wheat flour to keep the texture you know well, but add moisture, healthy fats, and higher protein. Experiment with what combination works for your lifestyle. Any addition of almond flour is a move in the right direction.
Almond Flour Recipe
Take a look at this homemade almond flour recipe that is simple and quick:
- Blanch the almonds by boiling them and peeling off the skin. You can skip this step, but your almond flour will have specks and be a little more coarse in texture.
- Add the almonds to a blender and blend for about 10 seconds until they look like the size of bread crumbs. Stir and mix again to make sure you didn’t miss any chunks.
- Do not blend the almonds too long, or they will turn into almond butter!
Store your almond flour in a cool, dry container to have on hand for everyday recipes.
At Nature’s Garden, we offer nuts and dried fruit and other snacks that are loaded with antioxidants and omega-3’s. Our thoughtfully curated combinations are flavorful and delicious. Check out our grab-n-go organic snack packs for the utmost convenience in healthy snacking.