One of the most enjoyable elements of a good holiday celebration is to enjoy fun delicious food with your family and friends.
If you are looking for a tasty Halloween treat idea, then consider the simple activity of making these Pretzel Mummies. These treats are not only adorable, but they combine a sweet and salty mix that kids and parents will love.
Assemble Your Pretzel Mummies
It’s simple… Start with yogurt or chocolate covered pretzels and add a few extra candies to make a mummy face. You only need a few ingredients.
- Miniature pretzels
- White Chocolate melts
- Candy eyes (available in most baking aisles)
- Place pretzels on parchment paper or any flat surface
- Melt the chocolate melts using a double boiler method or in the microwave (stirring every 30 seconds).
- Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and run the dripping chocolate across the pretzels to create bandages
- Carefully add a small amount of melted chocolate on the two top loops the pretzels
- Place candy eyeballs in the two top loops of the pretzel before melted chocolate hardens
Accompany Your Mummies
If you want to add a healthy twist to these Halloween treats, consider complementing the salty pretzels with sweet dried fruits and a savory nut mix.