Making a homemade gluten-free pumpkin pie as a Thanksgiving Desert does not get any easier than this ! A simple crust made with Nature’s Garden Unsalted Mixed Nuts with a sweet and perfectly spiced pumpkin filling.
Makes 1 Pie
2 ½ cups of Nature’s Garden Unsalted Mixed Nuts
2 Tbsp sugar
½ Tsp salt
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup sugar
2 ½ Tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180°C).
2. In a food processor add the Nature’s Garden Unsalted Mixed Nuts, sugar and salt and blend
into a fine texture. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is soft and dough like.
3. Spray a pie dish with cooking spray. Press the pie crust mixture evenly into the pie dish.
Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Let the crust cool.
4. In a bowl add the eggs and whisk thoroughly. Add the rest of the pie filling ingredients
and whisk until the mixture is smooth and evenly incorporated.
5. Pour the pie filling into the pie crust and bake for about 1 hour and 10 to 15 minutes. You
may need to cover the crust around the edges of the pie dish if it starts to get too dark.
Let the pie cool for 30 minutes.
6. Top the pie with whipped cream and enjoy!
7. The pie can be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator.