Ah, Valentine's Day! A day to celebrate love and all things romantic, with a dash of delightful decadence thrown in for good measure.
And speaking of decadence, we all know that when it comes to this special day, chocolate is the undisputed star. Here at Nature’s Garden, we're all about that balanced wellness lifestyle, which means sticking to a healthy diet most of the time, but also relishing life's sweet moments.
Now, let's talk chocolate – it's the ultimate treat, isn't it? And what could be more perfect than savoring it on Valentine's Day? Whether you're sharing the love with your sweetheart, having a blast with friends, or simply spending some quality time by yourself, we've got just the thing to make your day extra special – a plate of mouth watering truffles!
Big shoutout to our pals over at Sally’s Baking Addiction for inspiring this fantastic Valentine’s Day recipe. So, let's dive into the world of truffles and make this day even more fabulous!
What You’ll Need for Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles:
- 3/4 cup (90g) Nature’s Garden Roasted Hazelnuts, chopped
- 16 ounces (450g) semi-sweet or milk chocolate, coarsely chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (100g) Nutella
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
How To Make Nature's Garden Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles:
- Place 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave in 4 x 15-second increments, stirring after each, for a total of 60 seconds. Stir until almost completely melted. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat cream until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and slowly pour over the melted chocolate. Gently stir with a wooden spoon in one direction until smooth.
- Stir in Nutella, butter, and 1/2 cup of hazelnuts until combined. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap pressed on top and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 4 hours until it reaches a scoopable consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of the mixture, roll it into a ball, and place it on the baking sheet. If sticky, coat your palms with cocoa powder. Repeat and let the truffles sit for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the remaining 8 ounces of chocolate in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate using a dipping tool or fork. Tap off excess chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with extra chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining hazelnuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Order Yours Now! Nature’s Garden Roasted Hazelnuts
Go nuts chowing down on a bag of these earthy and toasty oven roasted hazelnuts and reap the rewards of seriously kickstarting your health!
Nature’s Garden Roasted Hazelnuts are a savvy way to power up your everyday snacking or as an additive to jazz up your favorite recipe. With our 26 ounce bag (737g), there’s lots of nutty goodness to go around! Our whole roasted hazelnuts come straight from fresh, thriving hazelnut trees into your bag (after we’ve carefully unshelled them, of course!). That means there’s absolutely no artificial colors, additives, or preservatives.
These heart-healthy nuts also help play a key role in providing your body with essential fatty acids, zinc, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin E, and folate. What’s more is they pack a protein punch to keep your hunger satisfied throughout the day, and are proven to help regulate blood sugar.