Even though you know that the aging process can affect the appearance of your skin, are you worried about the changes you are seeing every time you look in the mirror? While creams and beauty products can help with the overall appearance of your skin tone, don’t underestimate how much you can support skin health from the inside-out.
So, if you are spending time each day using anti-aging skincare products, then it is also important to add healthy eating to your daily regimen as well. What you affects your skin. The ingredients in your meals can contribute to common problems, such as acne, dryness, or fine lines. Or, you can choose healthy ingredients that boost collagen and support beautiful, glowing skin.
5 Foods for Glowing Skin
What should you eat if you want radiant skin? Here are a few healthy ingredients to add in your meal planning:
- Fish: Fatty fish provides a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to keep the skin moisturized, supple, and thick.
- Walnuts: If you want a plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids, then walnuts make a great snack. These healthy nuts have an optimal balance of omega-3’s and omega-6’s, which can reduce inflammation in the skin and throughout the body.
- Green Tea: Daily consumption of green tea can be an excellent way to support your skin health. This tea has been found to improve the thickness, roughness, moisture, and elasticity of the skin.
- Avocados: Another good source of healthy fat, an avocado can also provide vitamin E. This antioxidant protects your skin and is most effective at creating collagen when combined with vitamin C.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sun protection is important to minimize the damage of UV rays on your skin. Sweet potatoes and other orange-colored plants (like carrots and oranges) provide beta carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. This antioxidant works as a natural sunblock to minimize cell death and sunburn when you are spending time outside.
Antioxidants = Better Skin Health
Ultimately, the simplest way to improve your skin health is by including antioxidants in your diet. Eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds gives your body the important building blocks needed for healthy skin. Out of control snacking is easy while we’re all spending so much time at home, but for better skin, ensuring that each snack is packed full of vitamins and nutrients is essential.
Now is the perfect time to try something new to support your skin and overall health! At Nature’s Garden, we offer snacks that are loaded with antioxidants and omega-3’s, including dried fruit, nuts, and seeds in delicious combinations. For a mix of dried fruit that is packed full of antioxidants, try our Nature’s Garden Antioxidant Berry Mix, with added probiotics to help with digestion!