The great thing about dates is they are high in fiber and potassium. Fiber helps with
digestion, and potassium is great for muscle soreness and kidneys, among other
benefits. Why not choose dates to sweeten up your treats instead of sugar that can
be harmful in high amounts? The natural sweetness of dates can satisfy your sugar
cravings and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you are looking for organic, vegan snacks that will satisfy your sweet tooth, you
may be interested in this recipe for energy balls made with dates.
Date Energy Balls Recipe
For a healthy solution to your sweet craving and afternoon slump, check out these
healthy date energy balls.
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 1 cup of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ½ tsp of salt, preferably sea salt
1. Combine the coconut and walnuts in a food processor or blender until the
texture is crumbly.
2. Add in the dates, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix again in a food processor or
blender until a sticky batter is formed. Add a bit of coconut oil if it needs
more moisture to come together. Do not over-combine.
3. Spoon out heaping tablespoons and roll into balls using your hands.
4. Lay them out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Store in a cool, sealed container. They will last in the refrigerator for up to a
week. They can be eaten frozen as well and will last even longer in the
With these energy balls at-the-ready, you can grab a quick sweet treat to hold you
over between meals. It will feel good to have healthy alternatives to satisfy your
At Nature’s Garden, we offer a variety of organic snacks that are packed with
antioxidants and omega-3’s. Our organic dates are delicious and healthy. Also,
check out our other dried fruit, nuts, and seeds in delicious combinations that are not loaded with added sugar and salt. Our organic snack packs
are packaged conveniently to grab on your way out the door. With Nature’s Garden, you don’t have to plan way ahead to have healthy snacks on-hand.