When you are preparing your Christmas spread with traditional dishes and treats, don’t forget to add healthier options that will add variety. You can put out a bowl of unsalted mixed nuts, or you can get creative and offer spiced nuts. The delicious tastes of your favorite spices atop healthy nuts will be the perfect addition to your holiday buffet.
Spiced Christmas Nuts is a perfect holiday nuts recipe that can make your home smell like Christmas. The aroma of the spices and snacking on warm nuts will add to the holiday spirit.
- 6 cups mixed nuts, any and all to your liking
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place parchment on a large cookie sheet.
- Combine sugar and spices until well-mixed.
- Whisk together the water and egg whites until it’s foamy and frothy.
- Add the nuts and coat them thoroughly with the egg white mixture.
- Add the spices to the nuts and mix it all, leaving no leftover pockets of the spice blend.
- Spread the nuts on the cookie sheet without any bunched together.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then stir or rotate the nuts.
- Back for another 10 minutes until the nuts are toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a sheet pan. The nuts will get crisper as they cool.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.
Spiced nuts can add variety and healthy options to your holiday party or Christmas dinner. They also make great gifts, packaged nicely in plastic wrap or gifted inside a mug. Your homemade gift is sure to bring happiness to anyone who receives it.
The organic nuts that we offer at Nature’s Garden are perfect for making spiced nuts. We offer snacks that are loaded with antioxidants and omega-3’s, helping you provide healthy holiday snack options. Our packaging is convenient, making it easy to grab a healthy snack on-the-go. Try our trail mixes and dried fruit packs as well.