For a hearty snack that will keep you feeling satisfied and takes no preparation or fuss, turn to nuts. You can easily pack nuts on the go, roast them with your favorite spices, or pair them with a sweet or dried fruit for balance.
Nuts That Are High in Protein
If you are wondering what the best nuts to eat for protein are, take a look at this
list. All protein statistics are per ¼ cup portion.
- Peanuts: With 9 g of protein, peanuts are the most protein-packed nut available. You can pair peanut butter with bananas for a balanced, delicious snack.
- Almonds: Almonds have 7 g of protein and are versatile snacks to be eaten with semi-sweet chocolate chips or craisins. You can also roast almonds for savory snack or cinnamon sugar for a warm and fragrant snack.
- Brazil Nuts: You can find 4.75 g of protein in Brazil nuts. Usually the biggest nut in the mix, they also provide a great source of healthy fats and fiber.
- Pistachios: 6 g of protein in pistachios are why many people love the flavorful nut as a healthy snack option.
- Cashews: Top your yogurt with a handful of cashews for an extra 5 g of protein. This beloved nut has many other benefits, including a great source of copper.
- Walnuts: A rich source in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, walnuts provide 4.5 g of protein. Add them atop your salad or chopped up into ground meats for added protein.
Pine Nuts: For 4.5 g of protein, pine nuts are buttery and rich. They are great in salads and have a large number of healthy fats per serving as well.
vegan options, this list doubles for low carb options as well! That is the great thing about nuts - they are high in protein and low in carbohydrates and sugar.
Healthy Snacks for Quarantine
If your routine has been thrown through a loop due to staying at home to work and exercise and do all the things, you can incorporate nuts into your healthy
quarantine snacks. They will keep your stomach feeling full longer than a carb-
heavy snack. And you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing
When you are looking for a healthy snack that is mindless and easy, look to
Nature’s Garden nuts and dried fruit products. You can revolutionize your habits
without sacrificing taste.