One of the most enjoyable elements of a good holiday celebration is to enjoy delicious food with your family and friends. Do you have fun Halloween recipes that you use each year?
If you are looking for a tasty Halloween treat idea, then consider a simple activity of making pretzel owls. These treats combine a sweet taste with the salt on the pretzel. It’s a great crowd-pleaser for people of all ages!
Simple Halloween Treats: Pretzel Owls
It’s easy to make a delicious, fun treat for Halloween. This activity is simple: chocolate covered pretzels with a few extra candies to make an owl face. You only need five ingredients to assemble this crafty treat:
- Miniature pretzels
- Chocolate melts
- M&M’s, cut in half
- Candy eyeballs
- Mini chocolate chips
Once these ingredients are ready, you can start the assembly process:
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler method or in the microwave (stirring every 30 seconds).
- Carefully dip each pretzel in the melted chocolate using a fork. Place the chocolate-coated pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Another option is to use a pre-dipped pretzel, then add a small amount of melted chocolate strategically to hold the toppings in place.
- Position a half M&M in the middle to form the owl’s nose. Yellow, orange, or red M&M’s are best.
- Place candy eyeballs in each loop of the pretzel, positioning the eyes above the nose.
- Finally, put a mini chocolate chip at the top, above each eye for the ears.
For best results, these assembled owls should be chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours to help the chocolate cool and set.
Other Options for Halloween Treats
If you want to add a healthy twist to these Halloween treats, consider using dried raisins for the nose or adding nuts and seeds to the decorations. You can combine nutrient-packed snacks with a sweet treat as well, helping to add a little protein in each bite.
Nature’s Garden makes it easy to snack healthy on holidays and throughout the year. Instead of reaching for a handful of leftover Halloween candy, try grabbing one of our snack packs for a healthier option. These high-quality ingredients keep you on track with your health goals. You can curb your hunger at home or the office.