Accommodating everyone at the table this holiday season can feel super exhausting.
Between vegan diets, keto, gluten-free, and sugar-free…
What can you cook that can please everyone’s diet and belly?
We’ve got just the solution.
Opt for this meat-free alternative as a great side dish, or as a main course for those special eaters in your life.
This classic Christmas Fruit & Nut Roast is best served hot with mushroom gravy on top.
And forget the moving and grooving on Christmas Day – snuggle in next to the fireplace and snooze away the afternoon as the snow softly falls with your family.
That’s what the day is all about!
1 ¼ cups roasted chestnuts, vacuum-packed
1 ¾ cups Nature’s Garden Heart Healthy Mix
¾ cup g Nature’s Garden Probiotic Apricots, sliced into halves
1 small red onion finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves crushed
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 large carrot grated
1 large parsnip grated
2 large sprigs rosemary finely chopped
3 sage leaves optional
Small handful fresh thyme finely chopped
2-3 sage leaves finely chopped
3/4 cup gf flour
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 390F
- Add the chestnuts, walnuts, cashews and apricots to a food processor and blend into crumbs (roughly 1 minute)
- In a large mixing bowl add the finely chopped red onion, crushed garlic, chia seeds, grated carrot, grated parsnip, finely chopped herbs, large pinch of salt and pepper and toss with your hands
- Add the nut mixture into the mixing bowl and toss again with your hands without pressing it together
- Now add the flour and toss again without pressing together
- Add the water and start pressing it together until fully combined
- Allow this to sit for 10 minutes
- Line a bread baking tin with baking paper and grease with olive oil or coconut oil
- Place 2 or 3 sage leave in the bottom of the tin before pushing all the mix into the tin
- Place in the oven for 45 mins at 390F (ovens vary on timings so keep an eye on it)
- Remove from the oven and take out of the tin and allow it to rest for 10 minutes (this is important to help it firm up and slice better). Use a very sharp knife when slicing
NATURE’S GARDEN HEART HEALTHY MIX
Nature’s Garden Heart Healthy Mix is a mouthwatering combination of the highest quality heart healthy nuts, fruits, and seeds sourced from all natural ingredients. This carefully curated combination includes the freshest cranberries, walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and pepitas for a wholesome, mouthwatering combination of nutty decadence.
This high-fiber snack is ideal to help you in your weight-loss or training regime to satisfy hunger for longer. Almonds, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, and walnuts provide a burst of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vital in maintaining a healthy heart. Not to mention the antioxidant benefits, provided by pepitas and cranberries, known to help protect your body from disease.
Reap the wonders of our award-winning Probiotic Apricots! Chewy and delicious, plump, and loaded with flavor and freshness, see why these probiotic dried fruits are one of our best-sellers. Once you satisfy your sweet tooth guilt-free, you’ll see why our customers can’t get enough of our Probiotic Apricots!
These decadent dried apricots are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and of course, added probiotics, to help keep you moving and grooving.
Antioxidant richness comes from vitamin A and beta-carotene, helping to protect your cells from damage. Apricots are a good source of flavonoids, another antioxidant that helps protect against inflammation, reducing the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
And of course, our Probiotic Apricots, with added probiotics, help to maintain a healthy gut. Fiber plays a key role in keeping your hunger at bay while supporting digestion – making these dried apricots perfect if your goal is to get fit and feel better. Dig in and snuggle up this holiday season with snacks for the whole family.
We just love how versatile these products are – more than simply snacks, jazz up any recipe this holiday season with Nature’s Garden.
Recipe adapted and modified from Healthy Living James