Roasted hazelnuts are delicious… but are these crunchy snacks good for your health? Yes! As you learn more about roasted hazelnuts’ nutrition, it’s easy to see how this ingredient is an excellent addition to your meal plans and snacks. Not only are they loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats, but you will benefit from the range of micronutrients that are essential for good health.
Roasted Hazelnuts’ Health Benefits
Here are a few health benefits that are available from roasted hazelnuts:
- Roasted Hazelnuts’ Calories: 20 hazelnuts (about 1 ounce) provides you with 176 calories. This calorie amount can keep you fueled without disrupting your dietary goals – as long as they are enjoyed in moderation.
- Hazelnut Macronutrients: An ounce of roasted hazelnuts contains 12 grams of fat, 4.7 carbs, 2.7 grams of fiber, and 4.2 grams of protein.
- Hazelnut Micronutrients: Other nutrient benefits come from the variety of micronutrients available from hazelnuts including copper, vitamin D, thiamin, magnesium, and manganese.
- Antioxidants from Hazelnuts: These nuts are loaded with health-protecting antioxidants, which might help to slow the damage from oxidative stress. As a result, it’s possible that hazelnuts help to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, chronic inflammation, and premature aging.
- Blood Sugar Balancing: Another benefit is that roasted hazelnuts can help with blood sugar management. Early research suggests that the combination of protein and fiber can have a positive impact on fasting blood sugar levels.
Are roasted hazelnuts healthy? The details listed above show why these nuts are a great addition to your meal plan. Alternatively, they are great as the ‘show stopping’ ingredient in recipes such as Hazel Nut Spread!
Delicious Roasted Hazelnut Snacks
As you can see, roasted hazelnuts’ nutrition and calories fall in line with healthy dietary recommendations. These delicious snacks can work with any type of diet including Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Plant-Based, and more.
Try our roasted hazelnuts at Nature’s Garden! You can eat them by the handful for a health-promoting snack. Or, add these tasty nuts in your favorite recipes. Our team is dedicated to keeping your family fed with healthy, simple snacks that support dietary and healthy goals. Also, check out our snack packs, dried fruit, and other on-the-go treats you can enjoy guilt-free.