Running is a simple, affordable way to stay in shape. You don’t need an expensive gym membership or fancy equipment – simply tie up your running shoes and head out for a jog through the neighborhood. As you learn about the benefits of running regularly to your body, it’s easy to see why this form of exercise is one of the best ways to boost your health.
Health Benefits of Running Regularly
Jogging and running are aerobic exercises, helping to get your heart rate up and boost a variety of health functions in the body. These are a few ways your body benefits when you are running regularly:
- Strengthen muscles
- Builds strong bones
- Boost cardiovascular health
- Burn calories
- “Runners high” – boosted endorphins
- Improve core strength
- Maintain a healthy BMI
Types of Running Exercises
If you are just getting started with your new exercise routine, then it’s best to take it slowly in the beginning. For example, you can start with brisk walking, then gradually increase your speed and workout intensity. Here are a few examples of different types of running techniques that you might consider:
- Run: When you are moving faster than a walk, with steady steps that spring forward, then it falls into the category of “running.” This exercise moves fast enough that both feet are off the ground for a moment during each step.
- Jogging: The same practice as running, just at a slower pace. If you are moving slower than 6 miles per hour, then it is classified as jogging.
- Sprinter: Sprinting takes running to the next level. Instead of maintaining a steady pace for a long distance, you increase the intensity as high as possible for short bursts of time.
- Treadmill: If you need to stay inside, a treadmill is a great option to consider. One benefit is that the machine tracks your distance, incline, and intensity.
- Free Running: This style of running includes interactions with different environmental factors and obstacles – sometimes also known as parkour.
Healthy Snacks to Fuel Your Running
At Nature’s Garden, our goal is to keep you fueled for every workout. Whether you are an experienced runner or getting started with a new routine, try our trail mixes loaded with omega-3’s, nuts, seeds, and fruit.
We offer snacks that are loaded with antioxidants and omega-3’s including dried fruit, nuts, and seeds in delicious combinations. Check out our organic snack packs for the perfect snacking at home or on the go.