Fall is here, which means that families are pulling out the Halloween decorations and picking pumpkins to carve. One popular treat during this time of year is to include pumpkin seeds in your cooking. These seeds offer many health benefits, especially for women.
Pumpkin Seeds Benefits
Here is an overview of some of the health benefits you can enjoy by including pumpkin seeds in your meal plan:
- Pumpkin Seeds Nutrition: One ounce of pumpkin seeds can provide a full range of nutritional support. Pumpkin seeds protein is 7 grams with 1.7 grams of fiber, 12 grams of fat, and 5 grams of carbs.
- Vitamins and Minerals: A variety of micronutrients are also available. Pumpkin seeds have calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, vitamin K, and other important compounds to support health in many ways.
- Immune Support: These seeds are high in phytochemicals and antioxidants that support immunity. When paired with vitamin d, pumpkin seeds can be a powerful way to protect overall health throughout the year.
- Hormone Balancing: Pumpkin seeds’ estrogen benefits come from the overall hormone balancing effect. For example, pumpkin seeds are high in zinc, which can be beneficial for supporting health progesterone production. Since estrogen and progesterone levels change throughout the month, it’s smart to include ingredients that support hormone health.
- Blood Sugar Management: Are pumpkin seeds keto? Yes! The low carb count in pumpkin seeds means that this food can be part of your diabetic or keto-friendly diet.
How to Use Pumpkin Seeds
If you are carving pumpkins with the family, then pull out the pumpkin seeds so you can roast them in the oven. Or, a simple solution is to buy them pre-roasted and add them in your salads or other recipes.
You can buy plain pumpkin seeds, or choose a trail mix combination that also includes other types of nuts and seeds. These snack packs are the perfect solution when you are feeling the afternoon cravings, or if you need something to eat while enjoying your favorite outdoor activities.Here at Nature’s Garden, you can buy pumpkin seeds or trail mix combos. Our commitment is to provide your family with delicious ingredients to support your health goals.