Nature’s Garden Apricot Almond Shortbread Bars are the perfect sweet treat. These bars are buttery and delicious, we are sure they will be a hit with anyone who tries them.
Nature’s Garden Probiotic Apricots are enhanced with ten billion cfu clinically researched Probiotics Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG and Saccharomyces Boulardii.
Also Nature’s Garden Probiotic Apricots are a good source of Vitamin A and E, potassium, and fiber. There are Nature’s Garden Sliced Almonds in these Shortbread Bars as well, which contain calcium, iron, protein, and potassium.
There is butter, sugar and flour in this recipe which definitely makes it decadent, however you might feel a little better knowing how many nutrients are packed in these bars too!
Nature’s Garden Apricot Almond Shortbread Bars are layered shortbread, apricot filling and shortbread crumbles on top. The pop of color from the apricot filling in the center is very pleasing to the senses.
If almonds are not your favorite nut you can try using a different Nature’s Garden Nut, such as Walnuts, Pecans, or Hazelnuts, but give them a good chop before adding them to the flour mixture. Nature's Garden Organic Turkish Apricots would work well in this dessert too! You will need to buy two bags of Nature's Garden Organic Turkish Apricots for this recipe, and use them all so you have enough apricot filling.
On the other hand one bag of Nature’s Garden Probiotic Apricots will have more than enough apricots for this recipe, leaving you with plenty of extra apricots to snack on.
When your one bag of Nature’s Garden Probiotic Apricots and one bag of Nature's Garden Sliced Almonds arrives in the mail it is time to start baking, since you probably have butter, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt already! We are excited to share this Apricot Almond Shortbread Bar Recipe with you, everyone will enjoy it!
Nature’s Garden Apricot Almond Shortbread Bars
1 ½ cups Nature’s Garden Probiotic Dried Apricots
2 cups water
1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup Nature’s Garden Sliced Almonds
1 cup unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a saucepan over medium heat add the apricots and water. Once the water begins to boil reduce the heat to medium low, and let the apricots simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Drain the water from the apricots and reserve ¼ cup of the apricot liquid. Chop the drained apricots.
4. In a saucepan over medium low heat add the apricot liquid and ¼ cup of sugar. Cook the mixture stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Add the chopped apricots to the liquid in the saucepan and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
5. In a bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the sliced almonds and mix until the almonds are incorporated into the flour.
6. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the flour and almond mixture to the creamed butter and stir with a spatula until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
7. In an 8 by 8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper add 1 cup of the shortbread mixture. Press the shortbread evenly into the baking dish with the bottom of the measuring cup.
8. Bake the shortbread for 20 minutes. Let the shortbread cool at least 10 minutes.
9. Spread the apricot mixture over the shortbread, then sprinkle the rest of the shortbread mixture over the top of the apricot mixture. Squeeze the shortbread mixture together, then crumble it for a nice texture. Gently press the crumbles down into the dish to pack them if it looks too loose.
10. Bake the apricot shortbread for 35 minutes.
11. Let the shortbread bars cool completely. Lift (holding the parchment paper) the
shortbread bars out of the dish and place them onto a cutting board.
12. Slice the bars twice vertically then twice horizontally.