It isn’t always easy to find healthy holiday treats to serve to family and friends. As you are building traditions this holiday season, make it a practice to have healthy, delicious options mixed in with the dessert and snack spread this year. You can offer a bowl of roasted hazelnuts or add crushed nuts atop cake or cookies.
This Christmas Buckeye Recipe is a perfect addition to your holiday table display, mixing health nuts with Christmas décor.
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, blended in a food processor
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Red and green sprinkles
- Nature's Garden Roasted Hazelnuts
- Shredded coconut
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 1 Tbsp size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the rolled balls in the freezer for 20 minutes or more.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30-second increments. When it’s all melted, add coconut oil and combine.
- Once the balls have firmed up in the freezer, it’s time to dip them in melted chocolate. Using a fork, dip the ball in the chocolate, leaving a ring at the top.
- While the chocolate is still wet, dip it in the topping of your choice.
- Place on the parchment paper to set.
- Repeat until all are dipped in chocolate with a variety of toppings.
- Store in a fridge or freezer in an air-tight container.
Your guests will thank you when you offer a variety of treats, including healthier options.
Our goal at Nature’s Garden is to help everyone make healthier choices without the work. Our snack packs are conveniently packaged so that you can grab them on-the-go. Our nuts and dried fruit are filled with antioxidants and omega-3’s and offered in delicious combinations. We want you to know that healthy snacking is easy, accessible, and can taste good too!